How to Set up Custom Domains with NameCheap and Netlify
We have two criteria before continuing with this article:
- We have bought a domain on NameCheap
- We have a site deployed to Netlify with a
1. Add custom domain to Netlify
Let’s head over to our Netlify Dashboard.
- Select the site you want to use
Set up a custom domain
- Type in your custom domain and select
- In the
Domain managementpanel, select the dropdown of our newly added custom domain and click
Set up Netlify DNS(or just click
Check DNS Configuration)
- Click through the wizard until we get to
Active Netlify DNSwith some nameservers (
- Leave this page open, and open a new tab for the next section
2. Change NameCheap nameservers
Let’s head over to NameCheap.
- Go to
Managefor the domain you’re using
- Paste in each nameserver, one-by-one from the Netlify
- Save by clicking the check mark
That’s it! Nice and simple.